Getting a full refund for your POF premium membership is a piece of cake. You don’t need any help to do this. I’ve provided simple instructions on how to do this below. For those of you unaware, POF is an abbreviation for Plenty Of Fish – an online dating service with around 100 million registered users. This service’s initial use is free, but there are perks for premium members, plus the service is available in nine languages.
If you are a POF member and wish to cancel your membership, here we’ll tell you how you can do it via several simple steps. If you have decided to cancel your premium membership, we’ll cover how you can do it by yourself.
How To Cancel POF Membership Via The Website
If you are looking to cancel your Plenty Of Fish membership, here is how to do it:
- Log in to your POF account
- Once you are in, you need to locate the Help link in the upper left corner of the window
- From all the available options on the list, you need to select Remove Profile
- Once you click on it, you need to click on Delete My Account
- When prompted, enter your username, password and provide a reason why you are canceling your membership
- Confirm your cancelation: your account should be deleted in a few moments
Can You Get A POF Refund In Full?
It is possible to get a refund from POF, but some rules apply. There are three ways you can ask for a refund from POF, and they all depend on the method via which you’ve purchased your membership. Here are the three ways you can get a refund, and below we cover each of these in detail:
- Plenty Of Fish customer support
- Google Play Store
- Apple App Store
How To Get A POF Refund Via POF Customer Support
POF has a somewhat tricky refund policy, albeit not impossible. The company’s interest is to sell as many memberships as possible, so they are reluctant when it comes to cancelations and refund requests. Still, it would help if you were determined and follow these steps:
- Write an email asking the company to issue a refund and state your reasons behind your request; send the email to the customer support address: email@example.com
- Try to reach the customer support agents via phone (1-214-853-4309); once you have them on the line, cancel your account and ask for a refund – they’ll notify you if you are eligible for a refund
The POF customer support agents are not so inclined to reply to cancelation and refund requests, so it may take a while to get your answer. Still, you need to check your email and spam folder regularly.
How To Get A Plenty Of Fish Refund Via The Google Play Store
If you have bought your POF membership via Google Play Store, then you need to cancel it and ask for a refund this way. Here is how to do it:
- Log into Google; then click on the Google Play icons
- In the list on the left side menu, find Apps
- Select the POF app and find the date you’ve purchased your membership
- Fill out the survey about why you are asking for a refund and click Submit
- The POF customer support agents will process your request, and you should receive an email confirming your refund within a few days
How To Get A Refund Via The Apple App Store
If you are using the POF on an iPhone and you’ve subscribed to this service via the Apple App Store, then you need to cancel it and ask for a refund this way. According to Apple’s App Store refund policy, you can only request a refund within 14 days of the initial purchase, and the company should process your request within 48 hours. Here is how to do this:
- On your device, open Settings
- Click on iTunes and App Stores
- Find the Purchase History
- Find the purchase – in this case, the POF app
- Click on the Report A Problem button
If you are an EU resident, you are eligible for a refund within 14 days of the initial purchase. If you are a US resident, there are different rules for different states. If you suffer a disability or death, you (or your estate) can get a refund of the amount that remains until the end of your subscribed period. This rule applies to Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin.
Conclusion: Canceling and Refunding POF Is Simple, But What Next?
If you’re still looking for free dating options, then you’ve got plenty to choose from. One suggestion would be to check out the various reviews that have been published here throughout the site. Another suggestion would be to just go for it and join my top choice for hooking up. But first, read more about the Fling app before joining.
Other Related Articles: