What Is Seeking Arrangement?
You’d have to be living under a rock if you’ve never heard of the specialized dating site Seeking Arrangement.
They started life as a dating site for sugar babies and sugar daddies who were looking for a mutually agreed upon special relationship, which was essentially a sex/companionship situation for money.
This was a site popular with college-aged women and early 20-somethings looking to make money while in school or during lean money times.
My Full Seeking.com Review
Well, I’m here to say that they’ve entirely rebranded and are now known as Seeking, and they’ve gone from a specialized dating market to a more mainstream one.
No longer just for sugar babies and daddies, Seeking is now for everyone and anyone looking for a partner who is attractive and successful.
With the “sugar” taken out, is Seeking still just as sweet? Keep reading to find out if you should add in Seeking to your dating site repertoire, or if you should avoid them altogether.
Registering on Seeking Arrangement
Registering on Seeking is just as easy as any other dating site. You’ll first enter whether you’re a man or a woman and what you’re looking for (man or woman…or both).
You’ll be prompted to answer a few more questions to get the site’s algorithm up to speed on what you’re interested in, and then you’ll receive a confirmation email to verify your account.
Don’t panic if it takes a day or so to get that email. Sometimes it takes a little longer, other times people get the email within minutes. It just depends on the site and is a safety mechanism to try and keep fakes and bots out and only legitimate people in.
Does Seeking Have Any Free Features?
If you’re worried that you’re going to have to pay a high fee to use Seeking, you’re wrong. You can join for free and poke around a bit to see if they have what you’re looking for. The free membership lets you see how the site works, a sampling of who else is on the site, and basically lets you have a “lite” version of Seeking before you shell out your money.
I know that many people get frustrated with this type of situation. They want to be able to access everything for free and hate being “nickel and dimed” to use a dating site. However, keep in mind, someone that who is willing to pay for something is more likely to be serious about that thing.
Free members are looking, paid members are seeking (see what I did there)? Plus, you don’t do your job for free, why should the brains behind a dating site do that? At least you can browse without paying, some sites don’t even allow that.
How Do I Search on Seeking.com?
The great thing about Seeking is that there aren’t huge biographies or questions to answer. They like to keep things short and sweet, with basic information and a thumbnail picture so you can see who you’re possibly going to match up with.
You can also do a search to find the perfect partner for you, but that feature is a little more limited to things like age, hair color, and body type.
Setting Up Your Profile
Once you’ve verified that you’re you, you can start setting up your profile properly. You’ll first choose a username and add a picture.
Do not think about keeping your mug off of the site. You absolutely have to put a profile picture if you plan on making any matches. Nobody is going to look at blank profiles, no matter what type of site it is.
Your profile is your first impression, so take the time to do this right. Don’t use group photos, don’t use generic information or write “ask me”, and don’t lie about yourself. If you wouldn’t want these things to happen to you, what makes you think others will be ok with it?
What it all boils down to is make yourself stand out, but keep things modest, polite, and truthful. In the long run, this will be your best bet and it will give potential matches a good idea of what you’re about and who you are.
What Does Seeking Cost?
Before you decide on a paid membership, I recommend that you join for free. I say this because if you decide that you want to use Seeking in-depth, you’ll be required to pay for a background check.
Yep, you read that right. Seeking requires paid members to submit to a $50 background check to ensure that they’re exactly who they say they are. This is a great safety feature and something that not every site does.
Seeking does cost more than the average site, but they do this because of a few reasons. First, the people on Seeking are usually upper middle class and above and can certainly afford it, and two, again, if you’re willing to pay, you’re more likely very serious about finding a match.
Here are the bottom line costs of premium memberships on Seeking:
- One-month premium: $90/month
- Three-months premium: $80/month
- Six-months premium: $70/month
There are other premium plans available as well, including the Diamond membership, which gives you access to VIP rooms. This doesn’t come cheap–the Diamond level is $250 a month–so you’ll need to decide what options you want available and what your budget is.
Finding a Hookup on Seeking
Once you’ve got your profile done, your background check paid for, then you’re ready to go.
There are over 40 million worldwide members of Seeking, which means you’re likely to find a match that is close, or relatively close, by. Be forewarned, there is a lot of competition on Seeking, especially with the male-to-female ratio. There are more men than women on the site, but the women that are there are very easy on the eyes and successful.
Please keep in mind that because Seeking is no longer a sex-for-money site, not every member is going to want to go straight from “Hi” to “Wanna have sex?”. Many members are looking for legitimate relationships and not just a bed buddy. If you can remember this, you’ll have a lot more success while using Seeking.
Seeking is a legit site and finding matches on such a competitive site is going to require you to put in some effort. To ensure that you have a level of success while using the site, consider these tips:
- Be Upfront – Whatever you’re looking for while using Seeking, be honest about it. Don’t say you want a relationship when you want an FWB. Don’t say you’re into some kink but you’re not. Lying will get you nowhere.
- Be Yourself – Don’t try to be something or someone you’re not. Eventually, that facade will fall and somebody will end up hurt, which isn’t what anyone wants.
- Set Up a Good Profile – I’m repeating this because so many people fail in this area. Your profile is like an advertisement for you. The more thought and honesty you put into it, the better it will be and the more people will see the true you. You definitely want to find a good balance of being open but mysterious so that people are interested in learning more about you.
- Watch Out for Scammers – Unfortunately, every dating site has them, and Seeking is no exception. The site does a good job of weeding those out, but some still get through. If anyone is asking you for money or offering services for payment, avoid them.
- Keep An Eye on Your Billing Statement – Seeking is a business and businesses make money. If you cancel your membership, make sure they actually canceled it. If you signed up at one level of paid membership, make sure they kept it at that level.
- Realize That Matches May Not Come Too Quickly – Basically, just be patient. There are more men than women on the site and sometimes finding a good match takes time.
- Be Safe – This goes without saying. Don’t meet in risky places, don’t meet someone who gives you weird vibes, and definitely do not ever give them your financial information, address, or phone number to anyone.
The Final Verdict on Seeking
Is Seeking worth it?
Truthfully, that will depend on what you’re looking for. If you want someone who is looking for something serious (it may be dating, it may be an FWB situation, it may be something else) then Seeking may be the right site for you. With their high monthly fees and paid background check, Seeking knows only those who are serious and have money will shell out.
All in all, with a huge membership base, easy-to-use interface, and updated type of service, Seeking is a good site for those with the desire and means to find their next perfect match.