Today’s review covers the ins and outs of Passion.com, a dating site by Various, Inc, owner of Friend Finder Networks. I cover everything you need to know before joining.
Some people join dating sites to find that special someone who will be beside them through thick and thin and marriage and kids and dogs and the whole shebang.
Then there are those that want something else. Something fun and physical and not necessarily the “American Dream”
Yep, some people want all the passion and fun without the commitment, which is A-OK!
If you’re in the latter camp, you may be overwhelmed by the various adult dating apps and sites out there that claim to cater to those that are looking for fun in the bedroom and maybe not so much of a life partner.
Fortunately, we have found a site that you can use to find that special bedroom-someone, as well as a possible relationship, which is a bonus if that’s something you’re considering. That site is Passion.com, a dating site that toes the line between tradition (a legit, dating relationship) and alternative (sex only).
Never heard of Passion.com? That’s ok, we have taken a deep dive into what they’re about and created this review to let you know if it’s the site for you.
What is Passion.com About?
If you’re looking for a strictly vanilla dating app, Passion.com probably won’t be for you. They definitely cater to those looking for more physical contact, but you can use the site for dating. Just keep in mind that those that join Passion.com aren’t going to be your traditional and wholesome group of folks–they know what they want and what they want is to get physical.
Here is what you can expect from Passion.com:
- Nudity – I’m talking NSFW kind of nudity even with a free account
- A variety of kinks/interests – If you can dream it, you can usually find it
- Large membership – There are over 35 million members and a high woman-to-man ratio
Passion.com is a part of the Friend Finder Network (FFN), which is known for its spicy content. The FFN has been in the business since 1996 and they know how to make a dating site. You don’t get to stay in the biz for over 20 years if you’re not doing something right! They own Adult Friend Finder if you didn’t figure that out yet!
Who is Passion.com Good For?
Passion.com is great for those looking for, well, passion. This isn’t a site for super-religious folks, and prudes need not even try to join (unless you’re looking to change your prudishness).
They cater to all types of people, including:
- Couples (Hetero- and Homosexual)
You can see that whatever your sexual preferences are, you will likely find it on Passion.com.
Passion.com doesn’t skimp on the features on their site, that’s for sure. If you’re looking to see what they have to offer, here you go:
- Search – No matter what type of encounter you’re looking for, you’re likely to find it on Passion.com, whether you choose the free membership or the paid. You can look for matches who are currently online, members near you, VIP members, and various kinks, for example. If you’re a paying member, you will then have access to advanced searches, which obviously let you really narrow down what you’re looking for.
- Automatic email replies – As a paid member, Passion.com offers you the ability to set up a first email that goes out automatically so you can introduce yourself and ask questions. This can get monotonous if you have a lot of matches, so this is a great option.
- Pictures and videos – Passion.com is for sexy times so you’re going to see many, many sexy pictures and videos from members.
- Blogs – If you like to write or read about sexy things, it has that too. Get ready for some steamy stories to get you in the mood.
- Community – Think of the community section as a way to interact further with other members as well as learn more about dating and sex.
- Flirting – If you’re shy, this is a great feature. You can send little hearts and winks to someone before you’ve made your move so you can let them know you’re interested.
Are the Members Real?
The short answer to this question is “Yes”, the members on Passion.com are real. Passion.com has many, many members and while some of the accounts are old and inactive, the number of active members far outweighs those that aren’t. I would suggest you use the “Online Recently” feature to see if a member you’re interested in has been on the site lately, that way you can avoid accounts that are no longer using the site.
Now, if you want to know if the members are quality members, well, you’ll have to judge that for yourself. I did find that there are members in a variety of age ranges, body types, and kinks, and they range in looks from “wowza” to “mediocre at best.” It’s just like a bar, honestly, you are going to find what turns you on and you’re going to find what turns you off.
Is Passion Easy to Use?
Again, the short answer is “Yes”. Once you’ve browsed a bit and played around with the features, you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for, whether it be just a plain old search, or you’re looking for some of the other features that they offer.
One strike against them, though, is that the homepage is quite busy. Like, there is a lot going on there. But, this isn’t rocket science and you’ll likely “get it” after a few minutes.
Keep in mind, as a free member, you’re going to be limited on what you can see and do. Free members only get to see the main picture on a profile and you won’t be able to view the profile in its entirety. You can pay a one-time fee to access an account, but if you’re going to do that, just upgrade to a paid membership.
What Does Passions.com Cost?
Before you decide on a paid membership, I recommend that you join for free. It gives you a basic understanding of the site and its members and then you can decide on upgrading. If you do upgrade, here is what it will cost:
- One-month membership-$27.95 billed monthly
- Three-month membership-$19.95/month billed quarterly
- One-year membership-$14.95/month billed annually
If you want to really enhance your experience while using Passion.com, you can upgrade further and for a fee ($20 a month or $36 for three months) you can allow all members (paid and free) the ability to contact you. This is a great feature if you can afford it and you like what Passion.com is about.
The Final Verdict on Passion.com – Worth Trying!
Not everyone wants a committed relationship all the time. Sometimes we want all the butterflies and excitement that come with a new relationship, but we want it to be hot, sexy, and with no real strings attached. That’s where Passion.com comes in. If you’re someone looking for passion in your life, this may just be the site for you.