Canceling eHarmony has literally never been easier. There are millions of people looking to cancel their subscription on an annual basis, so if you’re having the same thoughts, then you’re not alone. Let me back up a bit though.
Sure, eHarmony is one of the best-known dating apps. This online dating service has made quite an impact over the years. It’s a scientific approach that they take, and yes, it’s based on a matching algorithm that looks for potential matches using plenty of variables. It is a trendy dating site with close to 10 million members and is popular.
The eHarmony basic options are free for all, but there is also a paid membership with advanced user options. About a million paying members use the premium eHarmony membership. Here I’ll talk about how you can easily cancel your eHarmony membership without the help of any customer support. Perhaps even easier than canceling Tinder.
Steps To Canceling Your eHarmony Membership & Subscription (Multiple Methods)
eHarmony helps its members efficiently deal with the cancelation of their accounts. This is possible in several ways, and we’ll cover all in more detail below:
- Cancel online
- Cancel via email
- Cancel via your Apple device
How To Cancel eHarmony Online
Canceling your eHarmony profile online is very simple: it is only a matter of stopping the automatic renewal of your payments. Once the paid term ends, your membership will automatically cease to be viable, and you’ll no longer have access to the eHarmony features. Here is how to do this:
- Log into your eHarmony profile on the official site
- Next to your profile image, there is a down-arrow, and you need to click on it
- On the drop-down menu, you need to click on Data & Settings link, then click on Amend Subscription
- Here you’ll be prompted to enter your username and password again to confirm that you are looking to cancel your account
- Once you enter the page, on the bottom of the page, you will find the Cancel Auto-Renewal button
- Click Confirm if you are sure, and you’ll stop paying for your membership, but you can use the paid period until its end
Steps To Cancel eHarmony Via Email
If you don’t have access to your eHarmony profile for some reason, you can also ask the customer support agents to cancel your membership for you via email. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Compose an email explaining why you wish to cancel your eHarmony membership
- Make sure you include all relevant account information in the email (username, email, etc.)
- Send your email to the eHarmony customer support at this address: email@example.com
- You should receive a confirmation email confirming your cancelation within a few days
How To Cancel eHarmony Via iTunes/App Store
If you use an Apple device and you’ve paid for your premium membership via iTunes, then you need to cancel your membership this way:
- Enter Settings on your iPhone/iPad
- Then select iTunes and App Store
- On the top of the screen, hit the Apple ID button: if you are not signed in, then you’ll need to sign in
- Click on Subscriptions and find your eHarmony subscription
- Click on it; at the bottom of the page you’ll find Cancel Subscription
- Tap on it and click Confirm; your membership will be canceled
Note: At this time, eHarmony does not allow pausing your membership (exceptions are users from the State of New York). You can stop the auto-renewal feature, and your account will cease to be active. If you change your mind later and wish to renew your membership, you can contact eHarmony customer support and get your account reactivated.
eHarmony offers free trial weekends where you can test the premium membership features. The great thing about these is that even if you sign up, you will not be asked for credit card details, so they can’t charge you for renewal once the free trial ends.
eHarmony does not allow refunds to those who cancel. Instead, you can use the services until the end of the paid period. Still, if you use the Singles Service, you can ask for a refund within the first three days after your membership renews. Also, a refund is possible in case of a disability or cases of death of an eHarmony member.
Conclusion: You Can Cancel eHarmony Fast
Discontinuing services and canceling your subscription at eHarmony.com is pretty simple. If you cannot figure this out from the steps laid out above, then reach out for more info. I’ll be happy to share any additional information that you may be lacking or may need to actually complete the process.